----------------------------------- Alex Gaina 27 Iun 2008 22:26 ASTROLOGY? ----------------------------------- The worst thing I have found in the "National calendar", published by the National Library of Moldova is related with the so called "International day of Astrology", which in 2008 occured on 19 march (page 3 of the Calendar, 2008). I have found with surprise that the National Calendar give information on this international day every year since the appearence of the Calendar. It is interesting that the "International day of Astrology" was established near the first equinox and could varies by 1 day from year to year. I think, that the establishment of such an international day is strange since there are no an "International day of Astronomy" . Such an "International day of astrology" encurages pseudoscience. The influence of the SUN, MOON and STARS (if small) on MAN is studied by Astrophysics and not by Astrology. Such effects as tidal influence is object of science and not pseudoscience. There is a great battle in Russia against Astrology, which is conducted by Vitaly Ginzburg, Eduard Kruglyakov and many other scientists and I agree totally with their purposes. I think that such effects as dependence of the professional careers, aptitudes of a Man on the birthday is to be studied by biology with application of statistical methods. More exactly, such a scientific area could be called statistical biology.